Posts tagged ‘Suspect Arrested’

Arrest in 1993 kidnap-murder of 10-year-old Florida girl

An arrest has been made in the 1993 kidnap-murder of Andrea Parsons, who was 10-years-old when she disappeared in Port Salerno, Fla. / WPEC (CBS) MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. – Police have made an arrest in the case of Andrea Gail Parsons, a 10-year-old girl who went missing 19 years ago in Port Salerno, Fla. Chester Duane Price, a 42-year-old convicted felon, is charged with first degree murder and kidnapping of a child under the age of 13, CBS affiliate WPEC reports.

An arrest has been made in the 1993 kidnap-murder of Andrea Parsons (pictured) who was 10-years-old when she disappeared in Port Salerno, FL
After being charged, Price implicated Claude Davis, a long-time suspect investigated and previously arrested in the case. Detectives have allege that the two abducted and disposed of the 10-year-old’s body together, the Palm Beach Post reports.

In 1993, Davis was arrested and charged with false imprisonment of Parsons, but the charge was later dropped due to lack of evidence. It is unclear if Davis has also been re-arrested or charged at this time.

Andrea Parsons was reported missing on July 11, 1993, at 11:06 p.m. by her mother, who had just come home from work. She had been left at home with her mother’s boyfriend. When the girl became bored, the boyfriend let her leave to walk to the store and a friend’s house, the newspaper says. Neighbors say they saw the girl leaving her home around 5:45 p.m., WPEC reports.

Parsons’ body was never found.

In 2001 the case was reopened by the Martin Co. Sherriff’s Office, which determined they had enough evidence to seek a grand jury indictment of Price, WPEC reports.

Martin County Sheriff Robert Crowder told TCPalm.com that police “were aware of [Price] from the beginning of the investigation… He was one of our people of interest.”

Price is being held in jail without bond and is scheduled to appear in court Friday, according to The Palm Beach Post.

SOURCE: CBSNEWS

Felipe Alexander Torrealba Wanted By The US Marshal’s For Multiple Crimes Including Murder (UPDATE)

UPDATE: Felipe Alexander Torrealba has been CAPTURED! 

Felipe Torrealba captures,Felipe Torrealba

Captured Mugshot of Torrealba which is now featured under his listing on America’s Most Wanted

___________________________

The U.S. Marshals Service added a homicide suspect to the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted fugitive list on October 10, 2012

Felipe Alexander Torrealba is wanted for multiple crimes in various jurisdictions in Texas and Florida, including: homicide, aggravated battery of a law enforcement officer, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, trafficking oxycodone, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, aggravated assault with a firearm and resisting officers with violence.

Photo of Torrealba who has had a warrant out for his arrest since September, 2012 and was added on the US Marshal’s 15 Most Wanted last month on October 21, 2012. Torrealba is considered armed and dangerous

Torrealba is wanted by the Broward County (Florida) Sheriff’s Office for questioning in the murder of a 42-year-old man earlier this year.

Torrealba is a violent 26-year-old male with an extensive criminal history dating back to 2000. He has previously been arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, carrying concealed firearms, battery, narcotics, larceny, fraud and failure to appear.

Torrealba has eluded capture on at least three occasions. On January 2, 2012 the Sweetwater (Florida) Police Department conducted a routine traffic stop on a vehicle driven erratically by Torrealba. The officers discovered the vehicle was stolen and the driver had outstanding warrants for narcotics and assault charges. Torrealba grabbed a weapon from the driver’s side and fled from the scene in the stolen vehicle.

In April, the Brownsville (Texas) Police Department conducted a traffic stop on Torrealba, who provided the officers with a Texas driver’s license issued in his alias “Jose Alberto Rodriguez” and was released. In August, Torrealba departed a targeted location minutes before U.S. Marshals Service personnel arrived to arrest him.

On September 26, 2012 Torrealba was involved in an altercation with two off-duty Miami-Dade police officers. Following a verbal dispute, Torrealba reportedly produced a handgun and began firing at them. Both officers were unharmed and Torrealba managed to get away.

“Torrealba is a violent career criminal, who not only poses a threat to the public but to law enforcement as well,” said David Harlow, Assistant Director of Investigative Operations for the U.S. Marshals Service. “It is imperative we utilize all available investigative measures to immediately locate and arrest Torrealba before he has the opportunity to offend again.”

Neil K. DeSousa, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of Florida said, “The U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force is dedicated to the apprehension of dangerous fugitives like Torrealba. With the assistance of our state and local law enforcement partners we will utilize all available resources until he is apprehended.”

Torrelalba is a Hispanic/Caucasian male, 5’09” weighing approximately 170 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. Torrealba has a tattoo on his neck with the word “Jillian” and a tattoo on his left arm with the word “Alex” he also has gold teeth.

Torrealba is considered armed and dangerous.

A reward of up to $25,000 is offered for information leading directly to Torrealba’s arrest.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the nearest U.S. Marshals office or the U.S. Marshals Service Communications Center at 1-800-336-0102 or the nearest American Embassy/Consulate.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov.

Etan Patz Suspect, Jose Ramos, Re-arrested For Violating Megan’s Law

  • Jose Ramos was re-arrested shortly after being released from a 25-year sentence, because he failed to provide accurate information as required of sex offenders under “Megan’s Law”, according to state police.
  • Ramos was once the prime suspect in Etan Patz abduction but charges were never filed due to lack of evidence.
  • Failed to supply information to state police and taken into custody again
  • Etan vanished on May 25, 1979, while walking alone to a school bus stop in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood
  • The NYPD is currently trying to build a case against Pedro Hernandez, a New Jersey man who has confessed to killing the boy

Jose A. Ramos was successfully sued for wrongful death in Etan's disappearance but never convicted of criminal charges

Pictured above: Jose A. Ramos, the prime suspect in the disappearance of six-year-old Etan Patz, but he was never convicted in connection to the case due to lack of evidence or a body.

Etan Patz

Pictured: Etan Kalil Patz was born October 9, 1972 and was six years old when he disappeared while waiting at his bus-stop one block away from his family’s lower Manhattan apartment in NYC. He was declared legally deceased in 2001

11/07/12, PHILADELPHIA — A man long considered the prime suspect in the disappearance of a New York City boy more than three decades ago was released from a Pennsylvania prison on Wednesday then immediately arrested on a Megan’s Law violation, state police said.

Jose Antonio Ramos was immediately taken into custody following his release from a northeastern Pennsylvania prison where he spent more than 20 years for molesting children because he failed to provide accurate information as required of sex offenders, according to state police.

Ramos had long been suspected in the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz, who vanished May 25, 1979, after leaving his Manhattan home to go to a bus stop two blocks away. It was the first time his parents had let him go off to school alone.

Investigators in Etan’s case have long been focused on Ramos, who had been dating the boy’s baby sitter and later served the time in Pennsylvania for molesting two other boys.

State police did not immediately specify what information Ramos failed to supply. A phone message left with state police in Wyoming County was not immediately returned Wednesday morning.

Etan’s disappearance prompted a massive search that stretched as far as Israel and spawned the national movement to publicize the cases of missing children. The blond, blue-eyed boy’s photo was among the first put on milk cartons, and his case turned May 25 into National Missing Children’s Day.

His parents never moved or changed their phone number, in case he returned. In 2001, they obtained a court order officially declaring their son dead. They have become outspoken advocates for child protection issues.

Ramos was declared responsible for Etan’s death in a civil court in 2004, but the Manhattan district attorney’s office has said there wasn’t enough evidence to charge him criminally. Ramos has denied any involvement in Etan’s disappearance.

Earlier this year, a new suspect named Pedro Hernandez was charged with Etan’s murder after police said he confessed this spring. His lawyer, Harvey Fishbein, has said Hernandez is mentally ill, and authorities have not cited any additional evidence to implicate him beyond his own admission.

Prosecutors are expected this month to announce whether they believe there’s evidence enough to continue pursuing a case against Hernandez, who worked at a convenience store near Etan’s home when the boy disappeared and told police he strangled the boy and stuffed his body in a trash bag.

Source: t.news.msn.com (credit goes to Joann Loviglio of Associated Press)

If you would like additional information on “Megan’s Law” click: Parents for Megan’s Law

Man arrested for attempted abduction of toddler

Kelly Davis plays with his 2-year-old daughter Myla in the front yard of their Zion home. On Aug. 25, 2012, a man tried to abduct Myla while she was playing on the Picasso sculpture in Daley Plaza, but Davis intervened and chased the man down. (Credit: CBS)

Kelly Davis plays with his 2-year-old daughter Myla in the front yard of their Zion home. On Aug. 25, 2012, a man tried to abduct Myla while she was playing on the Picasso sculpture in Daley Plaza, but Davis intervened and chased the man down.

(Credit: CBS)

Chicago, IL → A 55-year-old man with a previous criminal record allegedly tried to kidnap a 2-year-old Zion girl at Daley Plaza last weekend, but the girl’s father stopped him, then chased him down until police were able to arrest the man.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the Picasso sculpture in Daley Plaza has become a magnet for kids looking for fun in the Loop. Saturday night, it turned into a scary scene for a Zion family.

Kelly Davis and Amanda Green were watching their 2-year-old daughter Myla and her 4-year-old sister slide on the landmark when a man approached Myla and grabbed her arm, saying she was his daughter. “He was so adamant that he had a nickname, He called her Goldilocks,” Davis said. He said the man seemed to challenge him to a fight, then threw a punch. There was a scuffle before the man ran off. “I kind of shoulder-checked him to get away,” Davis said.

Green said, during the confrontation, most other people at Daley Plaza just stood and watched. “Everybody’s just standing there. Nobody did anything. Everybody just stood there staring at us the whole time,” she said.

After the scuffle by the Picasso, the man took off on foot, but he didn’t count on Davis giving chase. Davis followed the man for block after block – sometimes walking, sometimes running. “If he would’ve ran to the end of the city, I would’ve chased him to the end of the city,” Davis said. Finally, at the corner of LaSalle and Washington streets, Davis flagged down police, who grabbed the man, and arrested him. 

The man, identified as 55-year-old James Gates, was charged with attempted kidnapping and battery.

 Zion Dad Chases Down Man Who Tried To Abduct Daughter At Daley Plaza

Pictured: James Gates has been arrested for attempted kidnapping of A toddler.

“Because of that guy, my kids are going to have fears, and memories that no 2- and 4-year-old ever should,” Davis said.

Gates has a criminal record that includes drug and armed robbery charges.