Posts tagged ‘Murder Suspect’

DAILYMAIL UPDATE; Gunman dead and boy hostage ALIVE after FBI agents storm bunker after ‘fearing for imminent safety of Ethan’

02/04/13, ALABAMA –

  • Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, allegedly stormed a school bus when it stopped to let off students and said he had to take two children hostage
  • Dykes is reportedly dead, but it is not known whether he was killed by police or committed suicide
  • Dykes held the six-year-old, known only as Ethan, in his homemade bunker for almost one week

Link to full article below..

Mugshot: Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, the suspect in the standoff, is believed to be deadJimmy Lee Dykes, 65, the suspect in the standoff, is believed to be dead

Saved: The boy, known only as Ethan, is believed to be ok after he was rescued from the bunker by FBI agents

The boy, known only as Ethan, is believed to be ok after he was rescued from the bunker by FBI agents

Hero: Murdered bus driver Charles Poland Jr, 66, was hailed as a hero for trying to stop the abduction of the children from his school bus. His wife said he loved all of the students he drove

Murdered bus driver Charles Poland Jr, 66, was hailed as a hero for trying to stop the abduction of the children from his school bus. His wife said he loved all of the students he drove

Long wait: Police say Jimmy Lee Dykes likely had supplies in his shelter to last weeks or months. He had previously spent eight days in the bunkerPolice say Jimmy Lee Dykes likely had supplies in his shelter to last weeks or months. He had previously spent eight days in the bunker

Click here for full updated article published by Dailymail

___________________________________

01/30/13, ALABAMA — SWAT team in 24-hour siege as crazed gunman holds boy, 6, hostage in bunker after abducting him from school bus and shooting dead driver

  • Alabama State Police along with the FBI and bomb squads are involved in the stand-off of a gunman who murdered an Alabama school bus driver before kidnapping a child
  • Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, allegedly stormed a school bus when it stopped to let off students and said he had to take two children hostage
  • When driver Charles Poland Jr, 66, tried to stop Dykes, the gunman allegedly opened fire and killed him
  • Dykes took a an autistic boy, 6, with him and retreated to a makeshift bunker he dug in the ground
  • Boy is watching TV and has received medications through a PVC pipe that sticks out of the ground and runs into the fortified hovel
  • The standoff is taking place outside Midland City, Alabama, which is a rural town in the deep southeast of the state, near the Florida border

Link to full article by MailOnline below

Out in force: Dozens of local police officers, Alabama State Police troopers and federal agents from the ATF and FBI swarmed the area where the boy was being held captiveOut in force: Dozens of local police officers, Alabama State Police troopers and federal agents from the ATF and FBI swarmed the area where the boy was being held captive
Gearing up: A bomb squad unit is also on hand to deal with any possible explosive devices in the roadGearing up: A bomb squad unit is also on hand to deal with any possible explosive devices in the bunker
Panic: A suspect, identified as Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, allegedly held up a school bus Tuesday in Midland City, Alabama, shooting dead the bus driver and taking a boy hostagePanic: A suspect, identified as Jimmy Lee Dykes, 65, allegedly held up a school bus Tuesday in Midland City, Alabama, shooting dead the bus driver and taking a boy hostage
Witness: This student said the gunman ranted about needing a 'child' to 'get the law off his back' - likely a reference to his court appearance that was scheduled for todayWitness: This student said the gunman ranted about needing a ‘child’ to ‘get the law off his back’ – likely a reference to his court appearance that was scheduled for today
Safe: Parents hugged their children tightly after the ordeal on the bus. Witnesses say the gunman was looking for a hostage because of his legal troubleSafe: Parents hugged their children tightly after the ordeal on the bus. Witnesses say the gunman was looking for a hostage because of his legal troubleClick here for full article published by Dailymail

Felipe Alexander Torrealba Wanted By The US Marshal’s For Multiple Crimes Including Murder (UPDATE)

UPDATE: Felipe Alexander Torrealba has been CAPTURED! 

Felipe Torrealba captures,Felipe Torrealba

Captured Mugshot of Torrealba which is now featured under his listing on America’s Most Wanted

___________________________

The U.S. Marshals Service added a homicide suspect to the U.S. Marshals 15 Most Wanted fugitive list on October 10, 2012

Felipe Alexander Torrealba is wanted for multiple crimes in various jurisdictions in Texas and Florida, including: homicide, aggravated battery of a law enforcement officer, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, trafficking oxycodone, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, aggravated assault with a firearm and resisting officers with violence.

Photo of Torrealba who has had a warrant out for his arrest since September, 2012 and was added on the US Marshal’s 15 Most Wanted last month on October 21, 2012. Torrealba is considered armed and dangerous

Torrealba is wanted by the Broward County (Florida) Sheriff’s Office for questioning in the murder of a 42-year-old man earlier this year.

Torrealba is a violent 26-year-old male with an extensive criminal history dating back to 2000. He has previously been arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, carrying concealed firearms, battery, narcotics, larceny, fraud and failure to appear.

Torrealba has eluded capture on at least three occasions. On January 2, 2012 the Sweetwater (Florida) Police Department conducted a routine traffic stop on a vehicle driven erratically by Torrealba. The officers discovered the vehicle was stolen and the driver had outstanding warrants for narcotics and assault charges. Torrealba grabbed a weapon from the driver’s side and fled from the scene in the stolen vehicle.

In April, the Brownsville (Texas) Police Department conducted a traffic stop on Torrealba, who provided the officers with a Texas driver’s license issued in his alias “Jose Alberto Rodriguez” and was released. In August, Torrealba departed a targeted location minutes before U.S. Marshals Service personnel arrived to arrest him.

On September 26, 2012 Torrealba was involved in an altercation with two off-duty Miami-Dade police officers. Following a verbal dispute, Torrealba reportedly produced a handgun and began firing at them. Both officers were unharmed and Torrealba managed to get away.

“Torrealba is a violent career criminal, who not only poses a threat to the public but to law enforcement as well,” said David Harlow, Assistant Director of Investigative Operations for the U.S. Marshals Service. “It is imperative we utilize all available investigative measures to immediately locate and arrest Torrealba before he has the opportunity to offend again.”

Neil K. DeSousa, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of Florida said, “The U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force is dedicated to the apprehension of dangerous fugitives like Torrealba. With the assistance of our state and local law enforcement partners we will utilize all available resources until he is apprehended.”

Torrelalba is a Hispanic/Caucasian male, 5’09” weighing approximately 170 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. Torrealba has a tattoo on his neck with the word “Jillian” and a tattoo on his left arm with the word “Alex” he also has gold teeth.

Torrealba is considered armed and dangerous.

A reward of up to $25,000 is offered for information leading directly to Torrealba’s arrest.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the nearest U.S. Marshals office or the U.S. Marshals Service Communications Center at 1-800-336-0102 or the nearest American Embassy/Consulate.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov.

Disappearance of Jennifer Marcum last seen at the Denver International Airport

Jennifer Lynn Marcum – Missing since: February 17, 2003 Location: Denver, Colorado

→ On the Morning of February 17, 2003, Jennifer Marcum, 25, drove her brown four-door 1999 Saturn to the federal detention center in Denver to visit her boyfriend, Steve Ennis, who was suspected of being involved with running a large distribution ring for the drug Ecstasy. Shortly after the visit at approximately 11:00am, she was seen near the Denver International Airport. That would be the last time her family and friends would hear from their loved one.

Shortly after she went missing her vehicle was spotted in the airport parking-lot, abandoned. Authorities first initial guess was that she boarded a plane. They searched the area, asking airport employee’s if they’ve seen the young woman, they also checked all flights that departed on 02/17/03 but Jennifer wasn’t on any of them. They looked at her cell-phone records but the phone calls stop abruptly around the same time she disappeared.

Having trouble with the mysteries disappearance, Denver police asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation for assistance but despite dozens of tips, searches, interviews and media publicity, Jennifer Marcum’s remains missing.

FBI investigating Jennifer’s case heard that she may have had plans to travel to the Spokane area of Washington and possibly New York but it is unknown if she arrived at either destination and foul-play is suspected. Many people believe Jennifer’s disappearance is connected to her boyfriend’s illegal activity, but no evidence proves this theory. According to Steve, Jennifer would frequently visit him at the prison and its possible that someone may have known her routine and followed her after the visit. Police do have a suspect in the case but without a body to prove a crime there is little they can do.

Suspect: Scott Kimball, a convicted serial killer who is currently serving 70 years in prison is also a suspect in several other unsolved cases including the disappearance of Jennifer. In November, 2010, Kimball wrote a nine page later to a news outlet proclaiming his innocence in several cases involving murdered/missing woman, saying he wasn’t in the areas at the time the crimes were committed.

Photo of Scott Kimball at one of his trails for a separate crime

Photo of Jennifer with longer, brunette hair, which is her natural color. She changed her style dramatically prior to her disappearance.

Description: Caucasian female standing 5’6” tall and weighing approximately 120 (slim body frame.) She has naturally brown hair (although she frequently dyed it light) hair blue eyes. Both her ears were pierced at the time of her disappearance and she also had breast implants with unique serial-numbers on them. She was wearing a intrauterine device which is used for birth-control.

Aliases: May use the last names Hoyle or Wiggin

Date of birth: June 15, 1977, Jennifer was 25-years-old in 2003 and would be 34-years-old this year.

 If you have any information regarding Jennifer Lynn Marcum, you’re asked to please contact: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) at 303-629-7171

Etan Patz Suspect, Jose Ramos, Re-arrested For Violating Megan’s Law

  • Jose Ramos was re-arrested shortly after being released from a 25-year sentence, because he failed to provide accurate information as required of sex offenders under “Megan’s Law”, according to state police.
  • Ramos was once the prime suspect in Etan Patz abduction but charges were never filed due to lack of evidence.
  • Failed to supply information to state police and taken into custody again
  • Etan vanished on May 25, 1979, while walking alone to a school bus stop in Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood
  • The NYPD is currently trying to build a case against Pedro Hernandez, a New Jersey man who has confessed to killing the boy

Jose A. Ramos was successfully sued for wrongful death in Etan's disappearance but never convicted of criminal charges

Pictured above: Jose A. Ramos, the prime suspect in the disappearance of six-year-old Etan Patz, but he was never convicted in connection to the case due to lack of evidence or a body.

Etan Patz

Pictured: Etan Kalil Patz was born October 9, 1972 and was six years old when he disappeared while waiting at his bus-stop one block away from his family’s lower Manhattan apartment in NYC. He was declared legally deceased in 2001

11/07/12, PHILADELPHIA — A man long considered the prime suspect in the disappearance of a New York City boy more than three decades ago was released from a Pennsylvania prison on Wednesday then immediately arrested on a Megan’s Law violation, state police said.

Jose Antonio Ramos was immediately taken into custody following his release from a northeastern Pennsylvania prison where he spent more than 20 years for molesting children because he failed to provide accurate information as required of sex offenders, according to state police.

Ramos had long been suspected in the disappearance of 6-year-old Etan Patz, who vanished May 25, 1979, after leaving his Manhattan home to go to a bus stop two blocks away. It was the first time his parents had let him go off to school alone.

Investigators in Etan’s case have long been focused on Ramos, who had been dating the boy’s baby sitter and later served the time in Pennsylvania for molesting two other boys.

State police did not immediately specify what information Ramos failed to supply. A phone message left with state police in Wyoming County was not immediately returned Wednesday morning.

Etan’s disappearance prompted a massive search that stretched as far as Israel and spawned the national movement to publicize the cases of missing children. The blond, blue-eyed boy’s photo was among the first put on milk cartons, and his case turned May 25 into National Missing Children’s Day.

His parents never moved or changed their phone number, in case he returned. In 2001, they obtained a court order officially declaring their son dead. They have become outspoken advocates for child protection issues.

Ramos was declared responsible for Etan’s death in a civil court in 2004, but the Manhattan district attorney’s office has said there wasn’t enough evidence to charge him criminally. Ramos has denied any involvement in Etan’s disappearance.

Earlier this year, a new suspect named Pedro Hernandez was charged with Etan’s murder after police said he confessed this spring. His lawyer, Harvey Fishbein, has said Hernandez is mentally ill, and authorities have not cited any additional evidence to implicate him beyond his own admission.

Prosecutors are expected this month to announce whether they believe there’s evidence enough to continue pursuing a case against Hernandez, who worked at a convenience store near Etan’s home when the boy disappeared and told police he strangled the boy and stuffed his body in a trash bag.

Source: t.news.msn.com (credit goes to Joann Loviglio of Associated Press)

If you would like additional information on “Megan’s Law” click: Parents for Megan’s Law