- Journal entries shows Susan Powell’s growing distrust with her husband Josh, as well as her attempts to repair their marriage
- Entries reveal that she lamented over the loss of the loving husband she used to know
- The couple tried to have a third baby just months before she disappeared
- Josh Powell killed himself and her two sons in a horrific murder-suicide last year
- Susan Powell disappeared in 2009, and her body has never been found
A newly-revealed journal has shown the despair and turmoil of Susan Powell, who felt like a prisoner in her marriage and warned that she didn’t trust her husband in the months before she vanished.
She had been married about a year when she started writing a journal. She was a love-struck, 20-year-old newlywed, dreaming of the future she would build with her husband.
‘I just feel incredibly lucky to have Josh,’ she wrote in 2002. Before long, however, she found herself torn.
Photo of Susan Powell, mother of two, who went missing on December 6, 2009 in West Valley City, Utah
Powell Family; Susan Powell far right – Susan’s husband Josh Powell behind, and their two children Josh and Michael Powell
Susan Powell’s handwritten journal showed various entries, including the snippits above and below, in which she feared the worst over tensions with her husband
Mistrust: Susan wrote that her husband Josh could not be trusted in a last will and testament written about a year and a half before she disappeared